WHY SHARP DETAILS
Choose the right partner for your flight department.
When you choose to partner with a new supplier or contractor there are many factors to consider. Our most successful clients have indicated that these are the main criteria they used in choosing a new aircraft cleaning service.
Who Is Cleaning Your Aircraft? Questions to consider
- DOES THE COMPANY HAVE A PROVEN TRACK RECORD?
Look for a company that has longevity (10 years or more) in the aviation industry and has received OEM approval. Studies show that 96% of all companies go out of business within the first ten years.
- DOES THE COMPANY PERFORM THE WORK WITH THEIR OWN EMPLOYEES?
Many companies in our industry will subcontract work to smaller vendors, outsource the work to a local provider or bring in contract labor. Insurance liability and coverage may be questioned thus creating a liability for the aircraft operator.
- WHO DOES THE COMPANY EMPLOY?
The Omnibus Transportation Employee Testing Act of 1991 requires drug and alcohol testing of safety-sensitive transportation employees in aviation, therefore there should be an FAA/DOT compliant drug-screening program in place. Ensure that employees have been e-verified and background checked and badged through the TSA.
- WILL THE COMPANY SHARE THEIR TRAINING PROGRAM WITH YOU?
A formal training program should be in place and recurrent training should occur. Ensure that training records are well documented and available for review.
- DOES THE COMPANY HAVE AN SMS AND QUALITY CONTROL PROGRAM IN PLACE?
Before work begins, a safety briefing and aircraft inspection should occur. A checklist system should be in place to ensure quality performance. Chemicals and processes should be aviation-approved. There should be a clean-up procedure and FOD check upon completion.
Sharp Details shines above the rest with these key factors.
- • Over 22 years of experience serving the business aviation community
- • Sharp Details University (SDU) Training Program
- • A Safety Management System (SMS) that includes pre-work communication checklists, aircraft inspections before and after service, and an industry-proven protection process for both the aircraft and support equipment
- • Long-term employee retention due to bonus programs, employee recognition, a 401(K) matching program and premium health care coverage.
- • $10,000,000 aggregate and $5,000,000 in liability, completed products & operations and hangar keepers insurance
- • E-verify, background checks and TSA security screening
- • FAA/DOT compliant drug program including initial and random alcohol/drug screening for all employees
- • Active members of the National Business Aviation Association (NBAA), Professional Aviation Maintenance Association (PAMA), Westchester Aviation Maintenance Association (WAMA), Greater Washington Business Aviation Association (GWBAA), South Florida Business Aviation Association (SFBAA)
We offer partnerships built on trust and driven by values.
At Sharp Details, our goal is to build a long-term partnership with you and to protect the value of your aircraft throughout its life cycle. We will make you look good every step of the way.
- • We design custom programs to fit the budget and demands of flight departments of any size.
- • Sharp Details University is a computer-based training program that provides our employees with state of the art training and aircraft knowledge before they step on the job.
- • We offer services to some of the largest and most respected flight departments, OEMs and FBOs in the world, with locations to serve you from Connecticut to Florida and Dallas, Texas.
- • We use OEM recommended and approved products and procedures that preserve the fine leathers and fabrics of your interior and a polishing process that will make your paint and brightwork shine like new.